T: 01752 343140
CBCT referrals at Larkham House
We are now accepting CBCT imaging referrals
Larkham House is delighted to accept referrals from Private and NHS practices for advanced dental imaging and CBCT scans to enable advanced diagnosis for complex procedures and patient care in the Plymouth area.
- Latest CBCT scanner equipment with Dose Reduction Technology
- Cone Beam CT (CBCT) Dental Imaging
- Dental Pantomogram Tomography (OPG)
- Free cloud based PACS viewer, images compatible with all operating systems and we can provide you with a free USB stick
- All scans are taken by qualified radiographers with a reporting service available from a Dental & Maxillofacial Radiology Consultant
- Fast turnaround time, with all images taken under safety guidelines.
Easy to use referral system
- Your patient to be with us for 30 minutes or so. They will be asked to remove any metal-containing jewellery or prostheses which may affect the imaging
- Payment will be taken prior to the scan appointment day for most examinations.
Advances in dental imaging technology allows taking a scan of the entire upper and lower jaw at the same time scanning the teeth and jaw bone from ear to ear. For evaluating dental implants, wisdom tooth removal, failed and complex tooth extraction and endodontic treatments we rely on digital x-rays to get the best possible picture of the underlying structures where treatment will take place.
An OPG scan – panoramic x-ray
An OPG is a panoramic or wide view x-ray of the lower face, which shows all the teeth of the upper and lower jaw on a single film. It reveals the number, position and growth of all the teeth as well as those that have not yet surfaced or erupted. It differs from the normal small close up x-rays of individual teeth. An OPG can reveal problems with the jawbone and the joint which connects the jawbone to the head, called the Temporomandibular joint or TMJ.
Whilst useful, an OPG x-ray can’t measure bone depth with the same degree of accuracy as a 3D dental CBCT scan, nor can it measure bone thickness or density. A 3D dental CBCT scan
A 3D CBCT scan
A CBCT is a special type of x-ray machine used in situations where regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. It uses technology to generate three dimensional (3-D) images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths and bone in the craniofacial region in a single scan. The image helps determine the exact bone depth, width, density and condition, along with the precise position of your nerve canal and sinus cavity.
Receiving a 3D dental CBCT scan ensures highly accurate pre-planning resulting in minimised risk, lower costs and a lower number of visits.
Dr Vivek Giddani
BDS, DDCSc (U.Lon), LDS RCS (Eng), MFDS RCS (Ed), PgCert Perio (U.Plym)
Trust Specialty Registrar Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Specialty Doctor Restorative Dentistry
Nitte University India 2004
Vivek graduated as a Dental Surgeon in 2004 and has a special interest in Oral and Facial Surgery, Periodontology (Gum disease) and Dental Implants. Since 2008 he has been working at Derriford Hospital Plymouth as Trust Speciality Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery providing complex oral surgical procedures and been involved in facial reconstruction surgeries for trauma and cancer patients. He also works as a Speciality Doctor in Restorative Dentistry where he treats referred complex dental cases and provides rehabilitation for oral cancer patients.
Vivek completed post graduate training in Clinical Dentistry at Queen Mary University of London. During this time he worked at Royal London Hospital where he was involved in major Oral, Facial and Oncology surgeries alongside some of the leading consultants in the country. He has completed his post graduation training in Dental Implants and also completed post graduate masterclass training on CBCT Interpretation, Sinus Lift and Bone Grafting. He is studying for his Masters in Periodontology at Peninsula Dental School in Plymouth. He is also on the Devon Local Dental Council committee supporting providers and performers attached to GDS contracts.
Recently Vivek has been awarded a place in Devon LDC (Local Dental Committee) which comprises of elected dentists from the area and represents all General Dental Service(GDS) providers and performers attached to GDS contracts. He will represent dentists practising in primary care in the area.
Vivek special interests at Larkham House Dental Practice:
- Failed and complex tooth extraction
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Orthodontic extraction
- Endodontic surgeries (Apicectomy)
- Closure of Oroantralcommunication
- Pre-prosthetic surgeries
- Bone and Sinus Augmentation
- Implant retained dentures
Periodontics (treatment of gum disease)
- Non-surgical and surgical Periodontal treatment
- Periodontal problems related to implants (Peri-implant mucositis and implantitis)
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Mucogingival management
Outside dentistry he is currently working hard to introduce his Giddani estate coffee into the local and national market, the family coffee estate was established in 1895.
Vivek is a member of:
- The British Dental Association.
- The British Society of Periodontology.
- The Association of Dental Implantology.
- The British Association of Oral Surgeons.
- The British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
- The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh.
- The Royal College of Surgeons England.