Dr Vivek Giddani
BDS, DDCSc (U.Lon), LDS RCS (Eng), MFDS RCS (Ed), PgDip Perio (U.Plym)
Specialty Registrar Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & Specialty Doctor Restorative Dentistry at University Hospital Plymouth Trust.
Vivek graduated as a Dental Surgeon in 2004 and has a special interest in Oral and Facial Surgery, Periodontology (Gum disease) and Dental Implants. Since 2008 he has been working at Derriford Hospital Plymouth as Trust Speciality Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery providing complex oral surgical procedures and been involved in facial reconstruction surgeries for trauma and cancer patients. He also works as a Speciality Doctor in Restorative Dentistry where he treats referred complex dental cases and provides rehabilitation for oral cancer patients.
Vivek completed post-graduate training in Clinical Dentistry at Queen Mary University of London. During this time he worked at Royal London Hospital where he was involved in major Oral, Facial and Oncology surgeries alongside some of the leading consultants in the country. He has completed his post-graduate training in Dental Implants and also completed post-graduate masterclass training on CBCT Interpretation, Sinus Lift and Bone Grafting. He has completed a post-graduate diploma in Periodontology at Peninsula Dental School in Plymouth.
He is also on the Devon Local Dental Council committee supporting providers and performers attached to GDS contracts.
Vivek special interests at Larkham House Dental Practice:
- Failed and complex tooth extraction
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Orthodontic extraction
- Endodontic surgeries (Apicectomy)
- Closure of Oroantralcommunication
- Pre-prosthetic surgeries
- Bone and Sinus Augmentation
- Implant retained dentures
Periodontics (treatment of gum disease)
- Non-surgical and surgical Periodontal treatment
- Periodontal problems related to implants (Peri-implant mucositis and implantitis)
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Mucogingival management
Outside dentistry he is currently working hard to introduce his Giddani estate coffee into the local and national market, the family coffee estate was established in 1895.
Vivek is a member of:
- The British Dental Association.
- The British Society of Periodontology.
- The Association of Dental Implantology.
- The British Association of Oral Surgeons.
- The British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
- The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh.
- The Royal College of Surgeons England.