T: 01752 343140
Failed and Complex Tooth Extraction
Minor Surgical Extractions
Although most tooth extractions are completed without any complications, there may be rare occasions where problems arise during an extraction.
- The tooth can fracture, and, in some cases, your dentist may be unable to remove the tooth in its entirety.
- Or, the extraction may be too complex and outside the skill set of a general dentist.
In both situations you would normally be referred onto secondary care in a local hospital, for a minor surgical extraction.
Along with any referral process, the waiting list can sometimes be several weeks, however, Dr Vivek Giddani is able to offer minor surgical extractions for failed extractions and complex cases in the comfort of Larkham House Dental Practice.
Failed or Complex Tooth Extraction Referral
We are now offering an Advanced Dentistry Referral Service from dental colleagues or from patients themselves for a failed or complex tooth extraction. We have the latest CBCT imaging scanner to enable advanced diagnosis for complex procedures and patient care. We aim to see patients within 7 days of receiving the referral. Please contact us for further details.
Dr Vivek Giddani
BDS, DDCSc (U.Lon), LDS RCS (Eng), MFDS RCS (Ed), PgCert Perio (U.Plym)
Trust Specialty Registrar Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Specialty Doctor Restorative Dentistry
Nitte University India 2004
Vivek graduated as a Dental Surgeon in 2004 and has a special interest in Oral and Facial Surgery, Periodontology (Gum disease) and Dental Implants. Since 2008 he has been working at Derriford Hospital Plymouth as Trust Speciality Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery providing complex oral surgical procedures and been involved in facial reconstruction surgeries for trauma and cancer patients. He also works as a Speciality Doctor in Restorative Dentistry where he treats referred complex dental cases and provides rehabilitation for oral cancer patients.
Vivek completed post graduate training in Clinical Dentistry at Queen Mary University of London. During this time he worked at Royal London Hospital where he was involved in major Oral, Facial and Oncology surgeries alongside some of the leading consultants in the country. He has completed his post graduation training in Dental Implants and also completed post graduate masterclass training on CBCT Interpretation, Sinus Lift and Bone Grafting. He is studying for his Masters in Periodontology at Peninsula Dental School in Plymouth. He is also on the Devon Local Dental Council committee supporting providers and performers attached to GDS contracts.
Recently Vivek has been awarded a place in Devon LDC (Local Dental Committee) which comprises of elected dentists from the area and represents all General Dental Service(GDS) providers and performers attached to GDS contracts. He will represent dentists practising in primary care in the area.
Vivek special interests at Larkham House Dental Practice:
- Failed and complex tooth extraction
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Orthodontic extraction
- Endodontic surgeries (Apicectomy)
- Closure of Oroantralcommunication
- Pre-prosthetic surgeries
- Bone and Sinus Augmentation
- Implant retained dentures
Periodontics (treatment of gum disease)
- Non-surgical and surgical Periodontal treatment
- Periodontal problems related to implants (Peri-implant mucositis and implantitis)
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Mucogingival management
Outside dentistry he is currently working hard to introduce his Giddani estate coffee into the local and national market, the family coffee estate was established in 1895.
Vivek is a member of:
- The British Dental Association.
- The British Society of Periodontology.
- The Association of Dental Implantology.
- The British Association of Oral Surgeons.
- The British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
- The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh.
- The Royal College of Surgeons England.